Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Question Nine: Would You Read Another Book by the Author? (This is my final blog)

        "A Walk in the Woods" was a very interesting book. If I came across another novel by Bill Bryson, I would most likely read it. Bryson's writing style is very easy to follow and he makes some very good points along the way. I also love books that are written in first person. It makes the story so much more real, as if it is happening right outside your door. Bill Bryson seems like the kind of person who loves to try new things, therefore, I believe that his other books are probably full of other adventures he took throughout his lifetime. He writes in a way that you want to keep reading no matter what because you do not have a clue what will happen next. Bryson's writing is also full of humor and the characters are developed so well that you grow very close to them throughout the book. I have a feeling that the other novels by this author are written in the same style, which is why I would love to read another one. I am glad that I chose to read "A Walk in the Woods" this summer. Even though I may not have liked the ending as much as I had hoped, I still gained valuable knowledge from the text. I read a very well written book, and I hope that I will read more books like this in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I actually have read "A Walk in the Woods" (a few years ago), and recently read "A Short History of Nearly Everything", also by Bryson. I really enjoyed both books. I love how Bryson can be both funny and informative at the same time. I would highly recommend anything by Bryson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, his writing style is so easy to follow and the content is very thoughtful. I'm guessing that I'll end up reading another book by Bryson in the future. He's a great author!

      Delete
  2. It seems as though you really enjoyed reading "A Walk in the Woods" a lot. One question I have though is would you read another one of his books if it wasn't exactly like this one? Meaning if it was a different writing style, in a different genre, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good question! I guess it would depend on the book. If it was different like that, I think that I would try to read the first few chapters and see how I like it. Then, depending on how much I like the new style, I would either continue reading it or stop reading and choose a different book.

    ReplyDelete