Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Seasons (Free Write)

        I love Michigan. It's such a wonderful state and I feel like we tend to take it for granted a lot. One of my favorite things about it is that we get all four seasons. We get the freshness of spring, the traditions of summer, the beauty of fall, and my favorite, winter. Okay, so I admit it, I'm one of those few people who adores snow and absolutely loves the winter. This is funny even to me, seeing as I'm always cold, but I honestly love the winter. It just brings out the happiness in me. Anyways, I love having all four seasons. I know that a lot of people travel down south for the winter, but I just don't see the point. Yeah, they escape the cold weather, but look at what they're missing! Winter is such a beautiful season. I love watching the snow as it piles up outside and glistens in the sunlight of the day. Of course, I wouldn't want to live with winter all year round. I don't see how the people who live far up north survive. I would freeze without the comforting thoughts of warmer seasons just around the corner. The change from season to season really is something. A blossoming spring develops into a crisp summer, and then the leaves change color, and snow starts to fall. I would have to say that my favorite season change is, without a doubt, winter to spring. This is because we have already adjusted to the icy weather of the winter months, so even though 50 degrees would feel cold in the fall, in the spring it feels like a heatwave has washed over us! Therefore, I rest my case. Michigan is awesome, and we are so lucky to live here. One of my sisters lives down in Virginia, and they get hardly any snow most years. In fact, once when I was visiting her at Christmas time, her school got a snow day in the anticipation of snow. I woke up the next day expecting to see lot's of snow outside, like when we get snow days up north. Well, there was no snow. In fact, it didn't even start snowing until after lunch time. Compare that to our recent week of snowdays due to our massive amounts of snow currently occupying the town. I really do love the snow. I know a lot of people hate it, but there's something about it that just makes me smile. The same thing goes for falling leaves, shades of so many colors drifting through the air and piling up on the ground. This is also true for blossoming flowers and plant growing seasons. Every season has unique traits that make it special in its own way. Without one of the seasons, something would be missing from my life. With them, I feel so complete. I really don't know how I could live without one. It would be so different. People who live without winter and those who live without summer really are tough! I would miss the balance of the four seasons way too much. I'm so glad we live in such a beautiful state. Michigan truly has its perks! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment